Some of the things that you should look for in a summer program for your child are:
1. Does your child respond to the tutor?
2. Does the tutor respond to your child?
3. Does the tutor provide group tutoring if you want a group experience?
4. If you are choosing 1 on 1 tutoring is your tutor providing individualized teaching for the areas your child needs?
5. Is your tutor providing lessons in the way that your child learns? (correct learning style for your child)
These are just a few of the points that will help you determine whether a tutor is right for your child. Make sure that you have a conversation with the tutor before hiring them. You can tell by one conversation whether tutoring is really a passion for them. Your tutor does need to be passionate about what they are doing to be able to help your child.
Any questions please comment below and I will answer any of them and try to help you in any way I can.